If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, Arthur CUSD #305 posts its current job vacancies online using a thorough computer application system. If you would like to see our administrator or teacher openings or apply for a position in our district please click HERE. We also advertise our vacancies at the IASA Job Bank.
Applications for non-teaching positions are available at the District Office at 301 E. Columbia, Arthur, IL 61911 or can be downloaded HERE. Complete the entire application process and submit your application -it's as simple as that.
Arthur Community Unit School Dist. #305 has the following positions open:
Elementary Principal Arthur Grade School
Arthur CUSD 305 is seeking qualified applicants for the opening of Principal at Arthur Grade School for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see the job description and qualifications below.
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Develop clearly understood procedures and provide regular drills for emergencies and disasters.
- Establish procedures that create and maintain attractive, organized, functional, healthy, clean, and safe facilities, with proper attention to the visual, acoustic and temperature.
- Establish and maintain an effective inventory system for all school supplies, materials and equipment.
- Communicate with the Board of Education regularly about the needs, successes and general operation of the school.
- Establish procedures for safe storing and integrity of all public and confidential school records.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- Keep track and organize professional development for Certified Staff.
- Attend required committee meetings and extra school sponsored functions.
- Handle activity accounts for assigned building.
- Approve all purchase orders.
- Supervise extra-curricular events for assigned building.
- Supervise the kitchen and custodial staff for the building to ensure standards are being maintained and students have a clean safe environment in which they attend school.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, so as to create a cooperative relationship to support the student in school
- Establish schedules and procedures for the supervision of students in non-classroom areas (including before and after school).
- Set the academic tone and actively work with teachers to develop and maintain high curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives.
- Assist in the writing of grants for the district.
- Hire, evaluate, and help improve the skills of teachers and other staff.
- Complete evaluations for Certified and Non-Certified Staff at the appropriate times during the school year.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- Minimum of a M.S. in school administration with a valid Illinois teaching certificate with the General Administrative Endorsement.
- 2 - 4 yrs. previous experience in an educational setting, preferably in a teaching role. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective and courteous working relationships with those contacted in the course of work (students, parents and staff).
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate to students, parents and staff in an acceptable/courteous manner.
Apply online HERE or in the form below.
anticipated speech/language pathologist
Atwood-Hammond Grade School and Lovington Grade School have a position for a Speech/Language Pathologist who will provide speech and language intervention and evaluations for students exhibiting speech and/or language delays. Candidates will be screened as they apply. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Elementary Teacher (K-3)
Arthur Grade School has an Elementary Teacher position to begin the 2021-2022 school year. The expectation is for a student-centered approach and a strong commitment to collaboration, interpersonal relations, self-reflection, and professional growth. Candidates will be screened as they apply. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Elementary Special Education Teacher
Lovington Grade School has an Elementary Special Education Teacher position to begin the 2021-2022 school year. This position is ideal for self-motivated candidates who are comfortable with change. Students will move in and out of the classroom for various instructional periods as well as resource time. A successful candidate will have knowledge in writing and editing IEPs and will be confident holding IEP meetings. This teacher should be a team player with knowledge and understanding of Common Core Standards, have the ability to integrate technology in his/her classroom, and focus on the use of differentiated instructional practices. Special Education or LBS1 licensure required through ISBE. Candidates will be screened as they apply. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Junior High Math Teacher
Atwood-Hammond Grade School is looking for Junior High Math Teacher to begin January 1, 2021. A successful candidate will teach multiple sections of math to 7-8 grade students. Successful candidate will have knowledge and understanding of the math state learning standards, RTI, and differentiated instructional practices. Certification needed includes Elementary Certificate (K-9) or Secondary Certificate (6-12), and Middle School Endorsement required. Candidates will be screened as they apply. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Secondary Social Worker/Guidance Counselor
The high school social worker/guidance counselor will provide comprehensive school social work services to students addressing social/emotional issues that are a barrier to their success. He or she will understand and implement counseling theories and techniques in order to provide services for students who may be in crisis or who face ongoing challenges on a day to day basis. Conducting evaluations and providing services for students with individualized education plans and collaborating with staff in order to enhance the students' educational experience is a part of this role. Interested applicants may apply online here or in the form below or by emailing the principal, Mrs. Seegmiller directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Start Date: August 13, 2021.
High School Spanish Teacher
Arthur Lovington Atwood Hammond High School is looking for a Spanish Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Candidate will teach Spanish courses at the secondary level. Courses may include all levels of Spanish. Candidate must be certified in Illinois to teach at the high school level. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Arthur CUSD 305 is looking for a school psychologist. This position is a district-wide position covering students ages Pre-k through age 21. The school psychologist will be responsible for case study evaluation as well as intervention planning and problem-solving within the response to intervention framework. Illinois Professional Educators License required with a School Psychologist endorsement. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Substitute Bus Aides
Arthur CUSD #305 is looking for substitute bus aides. Candidate must have a paraprofessional license. Please apply at the district unit office at 301 E. Columbia St., Arthur or call 217-543-2511 with any questions and to put your name on the substitute bus aide list. The application can also be downloaded HERE.
Substitute Teachers and Substitute Teacher's Aides
Arthur CUSD #305 is looking for substitute teachers and substitute teacher's aides. Interested individuals need to register with ROE 11 at 217-348-0151. After registering with the ROE, please contact our unit office at 217-543-2511 to put your name on the sub list.
1 on 1 Nurse
Atwood-Hammond Grade School is looking for 1 on 1 nurse.