ARTHUR LOVINGTON ATWOOD HAMMOND ATHLETICS
Arthur CUSD #305 is located in Region 6 and is currently under IDPH Phase 4 Mitigation Guidelines. Under the Phase 4 guidelines, junior high and high school sports are allowed to practice, scrimmage, and play games. The IHSA has created a COVID-19 resource page that has a wide range of pertinent information. In addition, the IDPH has updated its sports safety guidance.
Below is a summary of information and current plans regarding athletics at Arthur CUSD #305. Plans are subject to change as we adjust to current guidance from the IDPH, IHSA, and IESA.
JH Boys Basketball is currently in season. Practices began on 1/19/21 and the first game is scheduled for 1/30/21. On Tuesday, January 26, The Board of Directors voted to give IESA boys basketball schools three additional weeks of regular season play by removing the regional and sectional tournaments that were previously scheduled for the last three weeks of the season. Regular season contests may be scheduled through the end date of the boys basketball season-March 12. Teams are limited to a maximum of 15 games for the season.
JH Volleyball is currently in season. Practices began on 1/19/21 and the first game is scheduled for 1/29/21.
HS Boys and Girls Basketball are currently practicing and awaiting guidance from the IHSA.
Please use the link below for up to date athletic schedules. Schedules will be changing as we get guidance from the IESA and IHSA. https://www.cusd305.org/o/lgs/page/athletic-schedules--146
The IHSA is scheduled to release revised season schedules on 1/27/21.
Arthur Lovington Atwood Hammond Athletics Spectator Information
Under Phase 4 guidance, a maximum of 50 spectators are allowed at athletic events. The 50 spectator maximum does not include players, coaches, officials, and event staff. Everyone in attendance, including players, are required to wear a face covering. All spectators must maintain at least 6 feet social distance between themselves and other spectators that are not members of the same household. Athletes and coaches must remain 6 feet apart while they are not directly involved in the athletic activity. In addition, all spectators must remain 30 feet from any participant, which includes the playing surface. Due to these restrictions, we will be limited on the number of spectators we can allow. Listed below is our plan for spectators at athletic events based on the current Phase 4 guidelines. Please remember this plan is subject to change as we get new information from the IDPH, IESA, and IHSA.
We will play as many home games as possible at the high school in the old gym due to the fact that we can seat more spectators based on current guidelines, however there will be potential conflicts from time to time that warrant games being played in other district gyms.
- All home basketball and volleyball games will be played at the high school in the old gym when possible. If there is a conflict between high school and junior high athletics, JH volleyball will be played at Atwood Hammond Grade School and JH boys basketball will be played at Lovington Grade School.
- When basketball games are played in the old gym at the high school, we will be able to use only the top row for spectators in order to maintain 30 feet from the basketball sideline. This allows us to have 11 “pods” with a maximum of 2 spectators from the same household in each pod. This will allow us to have a maximum of 22 spectators for basketball games in the old gym.
- When volleyball games are played in the old gym at the high school, we will be able to use the top row and another lower row (at least 6 feet below but not within 30 feet of the volleyball court sideline) for spectators. This allows us to have 21 “pods” with a maximum of 2 spectators from the same household in each pod. This will allow us to have a maximum of 42 spectators for volleyball games in the old gym.
- If JH basketball games are forced to play at Lovington Grade School, we will not be able to allow spectators due to the 30 foot requirement.
- If JH volleyball games are forced to play at Atwood Hammond Grade School, we will have 12 available “pods” with a maximum of 2 spectators from the same household in each pod. This will allow us to have a maximum of 24 spectators for volleyball games in the AH gym.
- All spectators will be required to enter through the gym foyer entrance for games played at the high school. Spectators that are attending a varsity game (8th grade for JH) should remain in their cars until the spectators from the previous game begin exiting the building. We will clear the gym after the first game and sanitize the bleachers.
- Rostered players from Arthur Lovington Atwood Hammond will receive up to 2 tickets per home game. There will be no tickets/seats available for the general public.
- Tickets to athletic events will be pre-printed and will include COVID Self-Certification. Spectators must have the COVID Self-Certification signed on the ticket in order to enter. Tickets will be distributed to family members through the athletes.
- Most JH and HS home games will be broadcasted on the Round Table.
- Please remember that as high school athletic scheduling gets underway, we may see alterations in our scheduling due to gym conflicts. Updated schedules will be available on our district websites and district social media outlets.