If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, Arthur CUSD #305 posts its current job vacancies online using a thorough computer application system. If you would like to see our administrator or teacher openings or apply for a position in our district please click HERE. We also advertise our vacancies at the IASA Job Bank.
Applications for non-teaching positions are available at the District Office at 301 E. Columbia, Arthur, IL 61911 or can be downloaded HERE. Complete the entire application process and submit your application -it's as simple as that.
Arthur Community Unit School Dist. #305 has the following positions open:
ARTHUR GRADE SCHOOL
No open positions at this time
ATWOOD-HAMMOND GRADE SCHOOL
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Atwood-Hammond Grade School has a Special Education Teacher opening for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is ideal for self-motivated candidates who are comfortable with change. Students will move in and out of the classroom for various instructional periods as well as resource time. A successful candidate will have knowledge in writing and editing IEPs and will be confident holding IEP meetings. This teacher should be a team player with knowledge and understanding of Common Core Standards, have the ability to integrate technology in his/her classroom, and focus on the use of differentiated instructional practices. Required licensure through ISBE in Special Education or LBS1. Candidates will be screened as they apply. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
LOVINGTON GRADE SCHOOL
No open positions at this time
ARTHUR LOVINGTON ATWOOD HAMMOND HIGH SCHOOL
No open positions at this time
ARTHUR CUSD 305
Arthur CUSD 305 is looking for a school psychologist. This position is a district-wide position covering students ages Pre-k through age 21. The school psychologist will be responsible for case study evaluation as well as intervention planning and problem-solving within the response to intervention framework. Illinois Professional Educators License required with a School Psychologist endorsement. Apply online HERE or in the form below.
Lovington Grade School is currently accepting applications for a building custodian. Position to start November 1st. The work hours for this position will be set by the Building Principal. The schedule is subject to change with district demands. Overtime is required when requested.
1. Dust mops the gym floor, stage, and bleachers.
2. Dust mops and wet mops classroom floors and hallways.
3. Vacuum rugs and carpet floors.
4. Moves furniture including chairs, tables, and desks.
5. Change light bulbs.
6. Empties trash and carry to dumpsters
7. Services, cleans and supplies restrooms.
8. Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
9. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
10. Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
11. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
12. Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to insure economical usage of fuel, water and electricity.
13. Helps to remove snow where appropriate.
14. Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly.
15. Surveys classrooms daily and dusts and polishes appropriate furniture, files, bookcases, and window sills.
16. Moves heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
17. Notifies managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
18. Dusts furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
19. Cleans corridors daily.
20. Scrubs, mops, and disinfects toilet floors daily, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
21. Washes all windows on the inside and those that can be reached on the outside at least once each year and more frequently if necessary. Windows where the public enters should be cleaned weekly if there is a need.
22. Helps keep grounds free of rubbish.
23. Cleans chalkboards/marker boards and trays daily.
24. Report any major repairs needed to your building principal (first), maintenance supervisor, or the administrative assistant.
25. Assumes responsibility for cleaning and mopping of the cafeteria floor and kitchen floor, if assigned.
26. Gives cafeteria chairs, tables, and benches will be given a thorough cleaning, if assigned.
27. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities as directed by the principal.
28. Removes snow from sidewalks and spread snow melting chemicals.
29. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning.
30. Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
31. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste.
32. Performs emergency repairs and/or cleaning services as needed.
33. Keeps storage rooms neat and orderly. Dispose of all cardboard.
34. Performs other duties as may be assigned by administration.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. General knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment.
3. Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions.
4. Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
5. Enforce school regulations and policies in a professional manner.
6. Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow employees and pupils.
7. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
8. Must be able to carry up to 35 lbs.
9. Requires employee to have the ability to push/pull up to 26 lbs.
Apply online HERE or fill out an application in the district office.
SUBSTITUTE BUS AIDES
Arthur CUSD #305 is looking for substitute bus aides. Interested individuals need to register with ROE 11 at 217-348-0151. After registering with the ROE, please contact our unit office at 217-543-2511 to put your name on the list to sub as a bus aide.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS AND SUBSTITUTE TEACHER'S AIDES
Arthur CUSD #305 is looking for substitute teachers and substitute teacher's aides. Interested individuals need to register with ROE 11 at 217-348-0151. After registering with the ROE, please contact our unit office at 217-543-2511 to put your name on the sub list.
1 on 1 NURSE
Atwood-Hammond Grade School is looking for 1 on 1 nurse. Position is full-time (7:30am-3:30pm daily). Qualifications: LPN Minimum requirement. Some additional training will be required. Apply online HERE or in the form below.