There is a lot of excitement in the air tonight! Thank you to everyone who was able to come out for First Night. I know the teachers were glad to see you! There have been some questions buzzing around regarding the return to the building. Here are a few that we hope we can answer!
1. Will kids need to bring water bottles this year? Students are encouraged to bring water bottles to fill as water fountains will remain closed this year with the exception of our water bottle filling fountains.
2. Will parents have to do the COVID screening every morning? Parents no longer need to complete the COVID screening in the mornings. We ask that you keep your child home if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath/difficulty breathing, chills, fatigue, muscle/body/headaches, sore throat, new loss of taste/smell, vomiting, or diarrhea.
3. Are start times normal? Please see your building information below:
Arthur Grade School:
8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Students arrive at:
PreK-K: East Doors off of Ash Street
1st - 3rd: West doors by Playground
4th - 5th: North West doors off of Park Street
6th Grade: South Doors off of Lincoln
7th and 8th grade begin at the HS
Atwood Hammond Grade School: 8:00-3:30
Breakfast Bell at 7:45
Can Enter classroom at 8:00
Tardy Bell at 8:15
Arrival is a drive through drop off. Please drive through and let your student out of the car.
Dismissal (Please park on the road, do not block driveways, do not drive through the parking lots)
Pre-k- out the Pre-k doors
K- out the West doors by the kindergarten wing (3:20)
1st-4th Grade out the East Doors
5th-6th Grade out the cafeteria doors
7th-8th Grade out the West doors by the JH wing
Lovington Grade School: 8:00-3:30 Breakfast Bell at 7:45
Tardy Bell at 8:15
Arrival is a drive through drop off. Please drive through and let your student out of the car at the main entrance.
Dismissal is a drive through pick up. Please drive through and we will call your student out to the car at the cafeteria doors.
All walkers will exit through the JH wing doors
4. Will Jr. high kids be able to use lockers? We will be able to utilize lockers this school year both during regular school hours and during PE.
5. Lunch program- is it continued from last year, do we need to put money in accounts? Both breakfast and lunch will be free for all students this year. Lunch and Breakfast choice is 1 main entre plus all sides, juice and milk. Students must have money in their account to order A La Carte items as well as extra milk or juice.
As always, please call the office of your respective building for any other questions. It is going to be a great year!